*** Treasurer’s Note: Don’t forget to pay your chapter dues ($15 local) at the September 2018 meeting in Sedona.
Sedona Red Rockettes Meeting 8/21/2018
Members in attendance: Tina Behrs-Andres, Rosemary Gravett, Susan Hill, Sharrilyn Honacki. Mari Lloyd, Julie Millis, Lois Neville, Betty Uhrig; 49 1/2: Aaron Hill, Jim Honacki, Fred Jacobsen, Bob Millis; Guest: Susie Crawford
Rosemary Gravett, Chair, called the meeting to order at 19:06 with a welcome to all attending. Thank you Julie and Bob Millis for hosting the August meeting.
It is with regret that Rosemary is resigning as Chair; she asked Julie Millis, Vice Chair, to lead future meetings. Thank you Rosemary for your service as Chair!
Treasurer report - Betty Uhrig noted that the money donated by Ed and Hass Maxson was deposited into the chapter account.
Secretary report = Sharrilyn Honacki noted that the minutes were corrected and approved as posted on the chapter web site.
Committee activities were discussed -
- Media (Amanda Shankland) - no report
- Education (Susan Hill/Kathy Eaton) - Tina stated that she is working as a Young Eagle Coordinator at the Cottonwood Airport November 3rd or 10th (as a backup). EAA members are looking for volunteer pilots... or ground support to occupy students while they are waiting for flights at the air show. If you are interested in helping, please contact Tina.
- Air marking report (R55osemary Gravett/Tiffany Goettl/Victoria Coleman) - members discussed concerns about the Sedona air marking scheduled September 28th and 29th. Betty volunteered to check with the Sedona airport manager to determine if a new date could be selected. [Sedona airport manager has agreed to supply the white traffic paint and blue handicap paint — estimated cost of air marking is $700).
- Membership (All of us!) Congrats to Rosemary for inviting Susie Crawford to our meeting. Susie discussed her experience in flying biplanes and working with young aviators.
- Fly-ins (All of us!) -— Tina invited chapter members to meet with seven 99s members from her previous chapter in Clarkdale Saturday, October 6th. They are participating in a chapter to chapter fly in and will arrive mid-day.
- Scholarship (Amanda Shankland/Valerie Caro) - Julie stated that we need ideas for distributing scholarship funds for the Ed and Hass Maxson scholarship. A 99s chapter auction was conducted. Thanks to all members for their donations to support the aviation scholarship fund!
- Historian (Jan Thompson) - A volunteer for chapter historian is needed. If you are interested, please contact Julie Millis. Thank you Jan for your previous work.
- Web page (Sharrilyn Honacki) - www.sedonaredrockettes.org
- Thunder Over Flagstaff, August 25, 2018
- AOPA fly-in, Santa Fe NM, September 14-15, 2018
- Sedona Compass Rose, (**September 28 & 29 may need to reschedule)
- Fall SW Section Meeting, Claremont CA, October 4-7, 2018
- Tookie Hensley Havasu 600 Air Race, November 9-10, 2018 (Volunteers are needed in Cottonwood for timing mid-day November 9th. Shannon will attend the September 25th chapter meeting to ask for volunteers to help mid-day November 9, 2018).
- Association for Women in Aviation Maintenance - Scholarship applications for 2019 USM be submitted online by November 1, 2018. For more information, contact Scholarships@fawam.org
- Ninety-Nines News - Nell Bright, former WASP and SRRs member< was the honorary starter of the Air Race Classic! Congratulations Nell!
Future meeting... September 25th - Sedona, Barbara Cypher... Meeting was adjourned at 19:53